Roads, Transport and Public Works
- Directorate Roads and Public Works
- Directorate Energy, Transport and Logistics
Roads Transport & Public Works
- Promote production and manufacturing of systems, tools, machines and equipment for roads, public works, infrastructure and energy.
- Providing quality mechanical transport and plants services to enhance development and maintenance of roads and other related infrastructural works
- Construct, maintain and manage county roads networks
- Design, develop and maintain infrastructure through quality public works services to all County Government entities and the general public.
- Develop, rehabilitate and maintain services specific to stormwater management systems in built-up areas.
- Develop and maintain technical and quality audit for infrastructure, building and other related public works in the County.
- To maintain and rehabilitate the existing roads to motorable state and improve their quality assurance throughout the year.
- To upgrade and expand the road network
- Provide Street lighting and parking areas
- Public road transport on licensing of public service vehicle operations.
- Regulate parking within the County and
- Construction of both motorable and footbridges bridges
- Controlling reserves for County roads and access to roadside development and
- Control of axle loads on County roads.
- Implementing road policies concerning County roads.
- Ensuring that the quality of County road works is per nationally set standards
- Collect and collate all such data related to the use of County roads as may be necessary for efficient planning
- Monitoring and evaluating the use of County roads and
- Liaising and coordinating with other authorities in planning and operations concerning County roads.